CHARITY LOOKING AFTER THE HOMELESS
Elmbridge Rentstart is a charity helping local people who are homeless or sofa-surfing. Each year they house and support people to help them move on with their lives. Last year they supported 421 people in various ways, including helping 102 into new housing. If you know anyone who needs their help in Elmbridge or Runnymede please get in touch.
If you are homeless or vulnerably housed, the charity can help with:
- Helping you to access short term emergency accommodation if needed
- Finding suitable private rented housing and helping you to move
- Starter packs of household goods to help you get settled
- Rent in advance and deposit guarantees
- Long term support to help you improve your life situation including advice around employment, benefits and support for health conditions
Elmbridge Rentstart also works with local landlords to help them rent out their properties and achieve successful tenancies - they fully support all of their tenants with on-going training and advice throughout the tenancy.
If you like to help by volunteering or making a donation, please get in touch.